Monday, September 13, 2010

personal stuff out - blog postings are NOT sacred

Well, I just butchered this blog. I know, I know, somehow you're not supposed to touch previous blog postings. But I say,this is my blog and I can do what I want, right?    I decided to take personal stuff out.  I hardly post here, and think its partly because I was uncomfortable with the intimacy level. But on the other hand, sometimes I have things to say that are too lengthy or too political for Facebook.  So I'll try here for a change.  So if you didn't read the personal details. too late!

So as I did complain already on FB,  we here in Israel already had Daylight Savings Time finish yesterday. This happens EVERY YEAR before Yom Kippur so that the religious don't suffer too much fasting. We waste millions of shekels, waste tons of energy that could be saved if we just kept it going. In fact, we should have DST all year long, as far as I'm concerned. Even in the dead of winter, it's light by 6AM here.  When I travel to Europe in winter, I'm always shocked that its still dark at 8AM.  But its a political matter, pure and simple. Someday it may change, but when?  This year there was an internet petition protesting the early rollback, with 250 thousand signatures. Not enough yet.

No comments: